The program is designed for those seeking to prepare for an apprenticeship in a construction trade. Committed participants will receive education that focuses upon work skills and a basic introduction to various construction trades. The program is designed to help individuals explore a career they are passionate about and gain exposure to these careers with hands-on experience and interaction with individuals currently working in the trades.
Participants are expected to have the aptitude and attitude for personal development and a high school diploma/GED.
In addition, participants must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Comply with Covid Vaccination Requirements and infection control protocols of Oakland University and other program partners
- Possess a valid Michigan driver’s license or ability to get one by the end of the program
- Able to complete physical tasks required in the trades
- Able to be employed in the U.S.
- Agree to comply with program expectations outlined in the student handbook